Lap of My Mind challenge is an epic relay of 10 riders cycling a non-stop lap round the UK in just 20 days. 4500 miles and over 230,000 feet of climbing, with almost guaranteed bad weather. Starting on the Clifton Suspension Bridge, a recognised suicide blackspot, on 1st December 2018 and finishing on December 21st – the darkest day of the year.

https://youtu.be/Juo6dnuMFtM

Lap of My Mind originated as means of supporting our friends Alan Colville and Jon Fearne in their efforts to raise awareness of mental illness, as well as substantial funds for the mental health charities Mind and Calm.
In 2019 endurance athletes Alan and Jon, with their Mind Over Mountain challenge, aim to cycle at the highest elevation ever achieved, setting a new Guinness World Record. In doing so they will use this incredibly high-profile attempt to drive donations to the supported charities.
For Alan and Jon to undertake Mind Over Mountain they need to raise funds to cover their costs. Funds that will ultimately help to raise substantially greater amounts for Mind and Calm.
The epic Lap of My Mind challenge was designed to help Alan and Jon raise these funds, as well as directly contributing to Mind and Calm. We will divide 75% of all donations equally between the two mental health charities. The remaining 25% will go to help fund Mind over Mountain.
If for any reason the Mind Over Mountain challenge didn’t go ahead, all funds raised by Lap of My Mind would be split equally between Mind and Calm.
To make it all worthwhile we need your support. At some point in our lives many of us will be affected by mental health issues. Mental illness doesn’t discriminate, it can affect any one of us. So please donate to help provide support and respect to people with mental health problems and to encourage our riders to give it their all in December. Visit www.mindovermountain.bike/lomm/ to donate.
The sheer scale of this task is mind boggling. Each rider will need to cover circa 450 miles in 48hrs to stick to target. Mix that with over 37,000 ft in certain stages, these guys will certainly need some support! Follow the riders on Facebook and their Instagram feeds for up to date information on this task, and where possible get out and support the riders!
 
A sub challenge for you all is the 120in20 from the organisers of Lap of My Mind. For a small fee (Which goes to charity) challenge yourself to ride 120 miles in 20 days, and upload your progress to Strava or other ride sharing platforms. Everyone who takes part will recieve a challenge T-shirt, and be automatically entered into a prize draw to win some excellent prizes from USE Exposure, GORE Wear, Fabric, and TORQ Fitness (Plus many more). 
Details can be found here: https://etchrock.com/challenge/lomm120in20 
 
Good luck to all involved!