The 2015 event sees a small rise in the number of places available to 180. We work very closely with the Quantock Hills AONB service and land owners to determine how many places we can provide.
We listen to the constructive feedback from our entrants and with this in mind have made a few changes for this years event. We are always improving what we do to try and make sure you keep coming back for more. The 2015 event sees the following changes:
- GPX files produced and downloadable the day before the event.
- 2 loops that start and finish at the event village, first loop will be 20 miles and the second additional loop will be 15 miles.
- Loops marked in different colour way-marking tape. 20 mile loop will be in blue and the additional 15 mile loop will be red.
- Route map on display at the event village for you to copy onto your own map.
- Car park tickets will be e-mailed prior to the event for printing and displaying as you drive in. This will reduce the back and forth walking to your vehicle before the event start.
- Extra toilets brought in and placed at the event village to save the long walk to the public toilets.
The Quantock Quake is not a race, more of an off-road sportive style of event. The aim of the event is to show the riders some of the amazing and varied trails and terrain on offer, keeping the time spent on a road to a minimum. Come and enjoy some of the South West's best riding while following a way marked route. Its also a great social event and a way to meet people who love riding bikes off road.
It is important to remember that the Quantock hills are not only an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) but also has SSSI status (Site of Special Scientific Interest). With this in mind, our route selection has to be closely monitored by various bodies to make sure you get a great ride on some great trails while making sure the environment is protected. Outdoor spaces are ours to enjoy but also protect for generations to come.
We are pleased to announce that Mondraker will be title sponsoring the event for the third year running. Thanks to UK distributors Silverfish for their continued support.
Will you be on the startline for 2015?
We hope to see you there,
The Quantock Quake Team